Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Doctor Visits

Since I am a little behind on these posts I am going to include the doctor visits we have had thus far.

5 days old: We were asked to schedule an appointment with our Pediatrician's office 2 days after coming home. Since this was the first time we left the house with a baby we didn't really know how long it would take us to get out of the house and on our way. So needless to say we were rushing to get to the doctor's office on time. When we were there we first had to get him weighed and his length measured. He weighed 7 pounds 8.5 ounces and was 21 inches long. The doctor then came in and talked with us. She was a little concerned about how little he had gained since he left the hospital so they scheduled us just a weight check visit on that Saturday.

1 week old: This was our weight check visit. Again Will was weighed and then measured. He weighed 7 pounds 12 ounces this time and was 20 and 1/2 inches long. (Not sure how you lose in length. But I just think measuring his length can be very tricky to get a real accurate measurement.) When Will is weighed he has to have everything taken off, even his diaper. Usually the diaper is the last thing to come off and for good reasons. When we went to take the diaper off, Will began to pee everywhere. I didn't know exactly what to do so I just put my hand over it. Billy and I had a good laugh about this. The nurse just smiled but I am sure she has seen this many times. The doctor said she was pleased that he had gained about 4 ounces in just 2 days. She was no longer concerned about his weight gain.

2 weeks old: Will came in at a whopping 8 pounds 5.2 ounces and 20 3/4 inches long. Since Billy was back to work, Mrs. Keown (Billy's mom) went with me to help carry Will's carrier since I was still a little sore from the C-section. Everything looked good with Will. I did get to meet the lactation consultant for the first time before we left.

1 month old: Will now weighed 9 pounds 5 ounces and 21 inches long. This was the first doctor's visit that I was by myself. I was a little nervous but it all worked out. There was a little mix-up with the paperwork. I was suppose to fill out paperwork online but I was under the impression that I had already filled it out but I had not filled it out. This delayed us from going back but I know what to do now. Everything seemed to be going ok with Will. He did get his second round of Hepatitis B shot. He got the first one while in the hospital but I had never seen him get a shot. He did really well. He cried for a split second and then was fine.

Our next appointment will be at 2 months old. We will get to then see how big he is getting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Billy & Bethany | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates