Friday, October 9, 2009

Welcome to Our New Arrival

As of today, we adopted a new member to our family, a 2006 Nissan Murano. We are still looking for a name for him or her. We did not get to bring her today. We are going back tomorrow to fill out paper work and then we will get to bring her home.

As by my last post, we were researching Santa Fe's and Muranos. I came to the realization that if I got a Santa Fe I would be happy but only because of the price versus a Murano. So after making a trip to Smithfield (about 45 minutes away) to see a Santa Fe, I realized what I really want was a Murano. So I really worked hard to find a black Murano. There was one that I really liked but when I checked it out on the owners website it was already sold. So I saw another one in Smithfield and asked Billy to go look at it with me. I had already test driven Muranos and I knew how they felt. So we really went to go see how the Murano looked.

When we got there I really liked it. We test drove it and then it came time to talk price. I am so proud of Billy and I. We were really nervous about talking price with the guy. Before we went in to talk with him, Billy and I talked about what we wanted to pay for it. I said no more 15, 500. The car was listed for 16, 988. His first offer was about 15,700 before the extra fees and he asked us what we were looking at. I said 14.5 to 15. So he looked at what he could do. He called the owner of the shop and came up with 15.9 before the extra fees. I suggested to Billy that we wait and talk about it. The sales guy said hold on and see what he could do. I suggested 15, 7 AFTER fees, which would be about 14.9 before. He suggested 16 after fees which would be 15.2 before fees, but he had to call the owner again to see if that was ok. The owner came back and said that is fine. We said yes and the car was ours. The place actually had already closed so we decided to come back tomorrow and finish up the paperwork.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Billy & Bethany | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates