Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Our First Home Together

So this past Saturday we got the keys to our first home together. Billy will move in first and after the wedding (which is in 38 days..YAY!!!), I will move in with him. Let me just say it wasn't what we expected. For some reason I thought when we looked at the model apartment back in April, it looked a lot different than what ours looks like. I also was at the point that we had looked at so many apartments that I didn't really care anymore. It isn't that bad and we are definitely saving money by living here.

Unfortunately a lot of our money we will be saving is going to be spent on furniture. We are in need of a living room set and a dining room table. Yesterday we were able to find a table that we like and it would work for a couple of years at Walmart (my favorite store ever...and I don't care who knows it!!!). We think we have found a sofa and loveseat that we like as well at Big Lots, but we can't figure out how to get it home yet.

Tonight Billy, Kate (our friend from Oklahoma), Billy's mom and I went and purchased the table. The night before Billy and I had found the table but we were afraid it wouldn't fit in any of our cars. So I went in search of something to measure the box with, and I found a ruler from the Office section of Walmart. We measured the box and called up Mrs. Keown to see if we could measure her car or use the Jeep so we could get the table to our house. It got too late and we couldn't find a car that would fit a 3' 6" by 3' 6" by 11" box and Mr. Keown had taken the Jeep on a business trip so we decided to wait.

Today we got the idea to just buy the table and take everything out of the box and put it in the car that way. And it worked. Mrs. Keown brought her car over and we loaded up the pieces in her car and took it over to our new apartment.

Billy and I were too excited to wait to put it together so we went ahead and did it. Billy coached Kate and I on how to put the little washer, then the big washer, and then the bolt on, or something like that. He was a great teacher; we just were poor students. Needless to say, Billy did most of the hard work. Although he was able to use the new drill he got from his parents from our Wedding Shower in South Carolina. I think he was pretty pumped about that.

So now we have our first piece of furniture in our first home together. How exciting!

Pictures are to come of our apartment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Billy & Bethany | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates